San Antonio Med Spa Helps Patients Prevent Wrinkles On The Face!
Fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles are some of the visible signs of aging, and unfortunately, are mostly unavoidable. However, there are things you can do to prevent their acceleration. At our San Antonio med spa, we help patients prevent the appearance of wrinkles on their face.
Continue reading to learn more about what causes wrinkles, and what our San Antonio med spa do to prevent wrinkles visibility on the face.
What Causes Wrinkles?
Areas of the body that has repetitive contracting and moving are the first places wrinkles appear. These areas include mouth, eyes and forehead. While skin flexibility gradually declines, we communicate with facial expressions and they are often spontaneous.
As a result of this spontaneous movement, the groves made from frequent frowning, squinting and smiling cannot easily smooth back into place. These fine lines, folds and groves are known as wrinkles. Some of the main accelerators of wrinkles include smoking, genetics and sun exposure.
Doing Your Part
You can do your part to prevent wrinkles by protecting your skin and encouraging the production of collagen and elastin. This can be accomplished by:
- Quitting smoking. In addition to damaging collagen and elastin production, the toxins found in tobacco also causes serious illnesses. Moreover, cigarettes also restricts oxygen and blood flow in addition to causing ‘smoker’s lines’. Reduction in oxygen and blood flow leads to a gray and dull complexion due to nutrients being depleted.
- Having a complete skin care regime. Incorporating active ingredients such as vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and retinol can all reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Getting collagen and elastin stimulating treatments. There are many non-invasive treatments can help boost elastin and collagen. These treatments simultaneously give your skin a healthy glow and youthful appearance. For example, microneedling, HydraFacial and chemical peels.
- Wearing SPF daily. In addition to preventing early onset of fine lines, SPF is fundamental in protecting your skin against harmful UV rays.
- Watching your weight. When you gain and lose weight quickly, it causes your skin to droop, fold, sag, and form wrinkles. The best solution is to eat a healthy diet every day, be contentious about the foods you choose for snacks and exercise regularly.
How Our San Antonio Med Spa Help Patients Prevent/Reduce Wrinkles On The Face
Stopping wrinkles altogether requires professional treatments. And Magnolia Medical & Aesthetics offers a range of skin and filler treatments to significantly reduce facial wrinkles long termly.
- Anti-aging injectables relax overactive muscles and obstruct the product of lines and creases in the skin.
- Dermal fillers are ideal for achieving a smoother, fuller complexion. They are also effective in treating mouth lines and sunken cheeks.
- Rejuvenating skin treatments are a less invasive approach to targeting wrinkles and fine lines. They are ideal for brightening up dull, tired looking face skin, as well as removing spots for a brighter complexion.