Full Body Skin Exam
Why It's Special
- Almost all skin cancers are curable if caught early.
- Unchecked skin cancer can grow into more severe and dangerous types of cancer.
- Developing skin cancer often goes unnoticed because there are no obvious symptoms.
What To Expect
- Before exam begins, you’ll remove your clothes and put on a medical gown.
- During your exam, your medical provider will check over each portion of your skin, making notes of moles, growths, or birthmarks.
- If there’s a growth that appears abnormal, she may recommend removal of the lesion.
- This exam is recommended annually.
Complete a self-examination of your skin every month, so you can find any unusual growths.
Best time to do a self-exam is after a shower when you are fully unclothed and clean skin.
Check your entire body, including in between your fingers, toes, and around your hairline.
Make note of abnormalities and discuss with your medical provider during your next visit.
About Full Body Skin Exam San Antonio, TX
A full body skin exam is done by one of our experienced providers. Your provider will examine your full body for any irregular conditions including irregular moles and warts, dry patches, skin tags, and rashes.
We are also equipped with cutting edge technology that can quickly and accurately determine what an irregularity is. During your exam we will check the difficult to reach areas of your body that cannot be self-monitored such as behind your ears and your scalp.